Casualty insurances are generally designed to cover rights and interests rather than assets. The various policies under the casualty department include the following:
Employer's liabilityThis policy covers your legal liability as an employer for death, bodily injury or disease caused during the period of insurance to an employee arising out the course of his employment.
Public liabilityThis policy covers all sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay as damages (including all litigation expenses incurred but only with the consent of the insurers) arising from:
- Accidental death of or bodily injuries to,
- Illness or disease contracted by, and
- Accidental loss of or damage to property belonging to members of the public arising anywhere in connection with business.
All risksThis policy covers accidental loss or damage to insured items from any cause other than those specifically excluded on the policy. It usually applies to high valued portable items.
BurglaryThis policy covers loss of or damage to property/ contained in the business premises through forcible and violent entry into or exit from the premises. It also covers damage to premises in the course of the theft or any attempt thereafter up to a stated limit.
Fidelity guaranteeThis policy covers direct financial loss sustained by you as a result of fraud or dishonesty of your permanent employee (s), which results in dishonest personal financial gain for the employee (s) concerned.
Group Personal AccidentThis policy covers accidental bodily injury/death to the insured employees caused solely through external violent and visible means and where such injury prevents the employee from performing normal duties. This policy usually covers permanent employees but can also cover casual employees on request.
Individual Personal AccidentThis policy covers accidental bodily injury /death caused solely through external violent and visible means to individuals (whether employed or not).
MoneyThis policy covers loss of money belonging to the insured whilst such money is in transit or on the insured's business premises. It may also cover:
- Loss of or damage to safes and / or strong rooms used for the storage of money resulting from theft or any attempt thereat
- Loss of money arising from a hold-up, robbery or any attempt thereat.
Professional indemnityThis policy will indemnify you (as the insured) against your legal liability for damages and claimant's costs and expenses in respect of claims for breach of professional duty
- First made against you by reason of any neglect, error or omission
- Occurring or committed in good faith and in connection with the conduct of the practice